Learning Interrupts handling

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
Lornioiz

Learning Interrupts handling

Post by Lornioiz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello!

I'd like to learn how to use interrupts in Micropython.
Please note that I have never used interrupts at all, neither in Arduino or in other frameworks. My theoretical knowledge is based only on what I have found in the documentation online.
However, in order to understand what I'm doing I need to make some tests. I have found something here and there but the examples are focusing on the Pyboard or are out of date. I cannot therefore, use those examples on the esp8266 were classes and methods are sometimes different.
Can someone point me to resources that are focusing on interrupt handling on 8266?

Thanks a lot

platforma

Re: Learning Interrupts handling

Post by platforma » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:33 am

This might be a good place to start: http://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/e ... =interrupt
Please do keep in mind, that some of it might be slightly outdated or doesn't reflect the Hardware API changes. For example, the "pyb" module doesn't exist on ESP8266 port.

Lornioiz

Re: Learning Interrupts handling

Post by Lornioiz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm

platforma wrote:This might be a good place to start: http://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/e ... =interrupt
Please do keep in mind, that some of it might be slightly outdated or doesn't reflect the Hardware API changes. For example, the "pyb" module doesn't exist on ESP8266 port.
Thank you Platforma.
I read it but the lack of examples with up to date library makes it difficult for me.
As I said, I'm quite a beginner.

Thanks anyway!