Loding microPython onto Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger

Discussion and questions about boards that can run MicroPython but don't have a dedicated forum.
Target audience: Everyone interested in running MicroPython on other hardware.
Stefan_Z

Loding microPython onto Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger

Post by Stefan_Z » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

i am trying to load microPython onto the Feater M0 Adlogger board. I followed the instructions in this video/ guide:

https://learn.adafruit.com/micropython- ... 1/overview

I downloaded the recent firmware and bossac-1.7 from the GitHub

when I try to use ./bossac -e -w -v -R -p tty.usbmodem411 firmware.bin i always get "No device found on tty.usbmodem411"

One thing i noticed is that other then in the video my board falls out of bootloader-mode fairly quickly.
I am on a MacBookPro El Capitan Version 10.11.16

Thanks for the Help!

platforma

Re: Loding microPython onto Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger

Post by platforma » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:11 am

I am not familiar with the boards or the bossa utility, it's probably worth asking for help in the adafruit community.
But from the error message looks like you're trying the wrong tty device, does "usbmodem411" actually exist and do you have permissions to read/write to it? I don't know how iy work with macs, but there might be something similar to udev rules or device access permissions.

Once you figure out how to communicate with the board, you should be able to flash the firmware provided. This page talks about installation of Adafruit IDE, which might include the device rules for your board: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ard ... -osx-setup

Stefan_Z

Post by Stefan_Z » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks for the answer but the port is correct. Adafruit IDE is installed an i am able to load code onto the Feather M0 via the usbmodem411 port. The problem just acures when thrying to load the microPython firmware.bin with bossac.

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Different software running on the feather will have different USB VID:PID which means that the name of the usbmodem device might be different.

Stefan_Z

Post by Stefan_Z » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:11 pm

also auto scann is not working "Auto scan for device failed Try specifying a serial port with the '-p' option"