Redis client, packaging questions

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
atinypuppy

Re: Redis client, packaging questions

Post by atinypuppy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Do you know if this code works with a WiPy 2.0? I have both a Wipy 1.3 and 2.0 but I would prefer to use the 2.0 because it has better ADC bandwidth. I am able to connect the 1.3 to Redis but I am not able to get any keys. It claims the keys do not exist. Any ideas?

machdisk

Post by machdisk » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:06 am

I can second this concern. Using an older version of the uredis package on older wipy (v1.0) seemed to work fine with some of the board firmware. In trying this out again on the Wipy 2, there seems to be some sort of non-specific time-out error. Functionality similar to what redis provides seems quite valuable to the transfer data. Is there a working example of uredis on the Wipy 2.0?

Cheers,

Brian

SpotlightKid

Post by SpotlightKid » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 pm

I've written an alternative, very minimal Redis client library for MicroPython. I don't have a WiPy to test it on, but I confirmed it to be working on the esp8266 and the unix port. You want to give it a try on a WiPy. If it doesn't work there, I'm happy to include the fixes necessary. More information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4103