Cannot use touch buttons in 'Y' position?

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
rankor

Cannot use touch buttons in 'Y' position?

Post by rankor » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:47 pm

When I have the screen in the Y position I cannot use the I2C. I can when in X position so 99.9% likely the pyboard is the problem and not the LCD (small chance X pos and LCD fits better because of the way I soldered but very, very unlikely).

This is irritating because the Y position is the most useful position as the AMP and servos need the X position.

I look at the soldering and it seems solid.

What pins do the I2C bus use? There are several Tx/Rx pins, which one is the ones used for this?

rankor

Re: Cannot use touch buttons in 'Y' position?

Post by rankor » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm

I can 'beep' all connections between board and lcd so the soldering seems fine. So if the connection is good maybe something on the board is damaged I guess.

blmorris

Re: Cannot use touch buttons in 'Y' position?

Post by blmorris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm

There are only 2 I2C buses - I2C(1) uses pins X9(SCL) and X10(SDA), I2C(2) uses Y9(SCL) and Y10(SDA).
The idea was that the pyboard should appear the same to a daughterboard whether it is in the X or Y position. I don't have an LCD board to test, but it seems strange that it would work in one position but not the other.
-Bryan