EAGLE files of PYBv1.0 on github?

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
Markus Gritsch

EAGLE files of PYBv1.0 on github?

Post by Markus Gritsch » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi,

will the PYBv1.0 EAGLE files be uploaded to the pyboard repository on github?

Cheers,
Markus

detour_vmx

Re: EAGLE files of PYBv1.0 on github?

Post by detour_vmx » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 am

Apparently not.

I'd like to make a mating board, but without the pin dimensions I'm not able to make an Eagle component. Making a library component is easier starting with the .brd file rather than make a device by hand.

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:21 pm

What pin dimensions are you looking for?

The headers are 0.1" spaced pins.

Standard headers seem to work fine. The LCD and audio boards just use regular square shaped header pins, like these:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/116

blmorris

Post by blmorris » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:42 pm

I have posted the full set of Eagle design files for two pyboard-compatible skins on github: https://github.com/blmorris/pyIMU_v1
You could use these as a model for a new design, but it is also pretty straightforward to just use the dimensions posted at http://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/h ... index.html
If you want to use my project file, you could refer to the discussion of the design considerations here on this forum. Also note that while I typically work in metric, if you switch the grid to inches you will see that the headers are aligned to the 0.1 inch grid.
-Bryan

detour_vmx

Post by detour_vmx » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Sorry, I wasn't explicit.

I want to plug the pyboard on top of a bigger application board and engage all the pins on the pyboard. I can make an Eagle component from scratch using the skin dimensions for spacing between connectors and measuring other pins as needed from the board itself. It's just easier, (yes I'm lazy), to start with a brd and sch, strip the sch until all that is left are the pins.

blmorris

Post by blmorris » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:17 am

Taking another look at the published design files, I don't think that they were actually done in Eagle at all. My guess based on the general look of the schematic is that it was done using Altium software, possibly Circuit Maker. I know that Damien had someone else help out with the final design.
As for placing the connectors for your board, that should really be the easiest 10 minutes of your design process - set your snap grid to 0.1 or 0.05 inches, place the 0.1" (2.54mm) pin headers, and lock them in place. At that point you can switch back to metric grid spacing for the rest of your design (I usually do.)
Don't bother trying to measure anything on the pyboard unless you want to make life difficult for yourself. The pins are at 0.1" standard breadboard spacing; if you count the correct number of pins, it will be correct.
If you really want to be lazy (not that there is anything wrong with that…) I have already pointed you towards my pyskin project. I included libraries with the pin headers that I used.
-Bryan

pagano.paganino

Post by pagano.paganino » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:56 am

News about release of a eagle file or a graber file?

Thanks,
Francesco