[Solved] Can't access REPL on macOS - Works on Windows

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
Roberthh

Re: Can't access REPL on macOS - Works on Windows

Post by Roberthh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Ok. Has the terminal program settings for flow control, which could be set to none?
b.t.w.: which terminal programndo you use? For convenience I use picocom. screen seemed overfeatured for my purpose.

Qetesh

Post by Qetesh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:46 am

I.... think I found a solution I can work with.

None of the different terminal programs I tried were working... but I just now installed the MicroPython plugin for PyCharm - and that works! I can access REPL and I can upload files through it.

But, when I start REPL I get a lot of garbage first before the prompt appears. I don't think that should happen?
It seems to work normal after that so I can ignore it I guess... but still would be nice to fix that :)

Code: Select all

Device path /dev/tty.Repleo-CH341-001314FD
Quit: Ctrl+] | Stop program: Ctrl+C | Reset: Ctrl+D
Type 'help()' (without the quotes) then press ENTER.
{$d��|�l�|
          �l�
             #<����r�b�
                       b��go�$go���
                                   cp��d{l{lx�o�
                                                �
                                                 d

cg�|�l$

c��go�$��d`�o
                                                                      �$or�ۓo
                                                                             c
                                                                              d`p�'�
                                                                                    r�����

b
                                                                                           n�<l$

c��'o��l �n
                                                                                                           $`o;�ۓo
                                                                                                                  �$�dp�'�
                                                                                                                          ;������s�
                                                                                                                                   #
                                                                                                                                    n�<��
                                                                                                                                          b��go�
                                                                                                                                                $`�n
                                                                                                                                                    �$or�ۓold`;��'
                                                                                                                                                                  ␍┌ ��
                                                                                                                                                                       ␍��<��π⎼┼␌��┌
                                                                                                                                                                                    ␉�$
                                                                                                                                                                                       ␌��ܜ��$�␌�┌⎼␍ll��|��;so#��ld�d
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     c��c��ܜ�#�
                                                                                                                                                                                                                               c��ds$�l��|��{gb��l��c�
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      c䌜���c�l#d���'�;��'|�lldl c��|;�d�'��o�l`��s�l�l�
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        l`��s�l�l
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 l`��r�l���
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           dl {l��r$���c
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ��#|l#��#<����
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      dl#��o�o��lg�
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   �
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    �
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     $�l$���
    l`�g�����c
              $l䌏c���c
                       d
                        �csdsds�'����c�;�l�x�d��
                                                �x���d�c��g�߀�c��{�$�x�l���x���ds$�l��|��{gb��
                                                                                              �����c�
                                                                                                     c䌜��<��cd
                                                                                                               dcl��l'�d`Ãdo�x{l�l��|��;gc��
                                                                                                                                            �#5 ets_task(40100130, 3, 3fff83ec, 4)
WebREPL daemon started on ws://192.168.4.1:8266
WebREPL daemon started on ws://0.0.0.0:8266
Started webrepl in normal mode

MicroPython v1.9.4-8-ga9a3caad0 on 2018-05-11; ESP module with ESP8266
Type "help()" for more information.
>>> 

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 am

The garbage at the startup is normal. The ESP8266 boot ROM send it first messages at a baud rate of about 74800 baud.

Qetesh

Post by Qetesh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:18 am

Ah good to know - thank you very much! Then I guess this thread can be seen as solved :)