Melbourne MicroPython Meetup material

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
mattyt

Melbourne MicroPython Meetup material

Post by mattyt » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:52 am

Hi folks,

In other forum topics I've mentioned that I help run the Melbourne MicroPython Meetup. In recent months we've made some effort to capture the material shared during the meetups and some of it may be of interest to you.

We have recently published blog posts for the November and January meetups and they contain a mix of links, slides and video. Please take a look! Earlier meetups can be found from the front page but we've become more diligent in capturing the contents in recent months.

I'll use this forum topic to announce when we publish new meetup material.

It takes a bit of effort to pull this together but I hope you find it useful! Finally, if you have any suggestions or feedback please let me know.

Cheers,
Matt

mattyt

Re: Melbourne MicroPython Meetup material

Post by mattyt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:02 am

The material from the February Melbourne MicroPython Meetup is now online!

I delivered the news roundup, Damien discussed the nearly-ready Native Modules for MicroPython and Peter talked about two projects, his Home Status Monitor and an accurate Power Meter.

I suspect Damien's talk will be of interest to this audience! Allowing native code (and viper/thumb/xtensa) to be packaged into mpy files opens up a lot of possibilities.

Peter's talk was also well received particularly as an example of how MicroPython is a great tool to scratch an itch and convert an idea to reality.

Some other highlights:
  • Sipeed MAIX hardware with MaixPy
  • LittlevGL MicroPython bindings
  • PyPortal
  • MicroPython support announced for W600 boards
  • OutoftheBOTS_' 5x5x5 Rubik's cube solver
  • CastVolumeKnob
See the news roundup for details.

Apologies for the video quality; light reflections make it difficult to see the screen. At least you can follow along with the slides for Peter and my presentation - but I'm afraid you'll have to make do with Damien's. I think the feature is interesting enough to warrant posting the video... ;)

kevinkk525

Post by kevinkk525 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:08 am

Great talks and great news! Thanks for sharing.
Kevin Köck
Micropython Smarthome Firmware (with Home-Assistant integration): https://github.com/kevinkk525/pysmartnode

pagano.paganino

Post by pagano.paganino » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Thank you for naming my library ucryptoauthlib

OutoftheBOTS_

Post by OutoftheBOTS_ » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 am

The forum needs a like button :)

mattyt

Post by mattyt » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 am

@kevinkk525 Thanks to you and Peter (@pythoncoder) for your work on micropython-iot!

@pagano.paganino No problem, and thanks for writing ucryptoauthlib. One of the people in the meetup was super interested in this library as they are looking to use the ATECC508A...

@OutoftheBOTS_ a like button would be helpful at times, but I got the gist, thanks! :) Your 5x5x5 Rubik's solver was popular - there were appropriate oooh's and aaaahh's as the video played. By the way, did I count correctly? 7 steppers?