Other Micropython forums

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
pmulvey

Other Micropython forums

Post by pmulvey » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:47 pm

At the risk of insulting someone here I'm surprised at the low level of activity on this forum in general. Indeed searching for other micropython forums reveals little or none out there. Considering the vastness of the web and the application of micropython coupled with the cheap and cheerful ESP range one would have assumed that there would be multiple forums buzzing with traffic.

Just a thought.
Paul Mulvey

kevinkk525

Re: Other Micropython forums

Post by kevinkk525 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:49 pm

I don't think the activity on this forum is low.
Compared to a typical arduino forum that might be the case but considering the size of the micropython community compared to the arduino community I'd say it's pretty decent.
Kevin Köck
Micropython Smarthome Firmware (with Home-Assistant integration): https://github.com/kevinkk525/pysmartnode

chrismas9

Post by chrismas9 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:22 am

High activity is not necessarily a good sign. I use a commercial PCB CAD package and its forum is alive with activity - nearly all complaints about bugs and feature changes.

I find MicroPython just works and is easy to understand. I don't need to ask for help often. What is important is that there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on the forum and usually when someone asks a question they get an answer quickly.

tuupola

Post by tuupola » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:04 am

Maybe not high traffic, but this forum has a good signal to noise ratio.