Became a good pyhton programmer

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
giants

Became a good pyhton programmer

Post by giants » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi there
like i wrote int the subject, how became a good pyhton programmer ? I know the best is program program program , but many time i have some doubt about resolve a problem for example: i send a dato from ESP8266 to i2c sensor i need the check one register and if i receive the right data i can continus if not i need the check again the register, but i can stay forever there . So the best way ? cicle for mabye 5 time and if i don't received the right data error message ? or work with interrupt like i set a timer and afther a while i generate one interrupt if the data is wrong or another way is try except many way but how can i know what is the best ? Another question best book or best website for learn python and microPyhton ? where i can found all libray ?
Sorry soo many question but my goal is became a good programmer .I don't know if you have the same doubt sometimes.

Thank you
Sergio

dhylands

Re: Became a good pyhton programmer

Post by dhylands » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Normally, when you write to a register there is no reason to write it a second time.

I would consider it very strange to have to write it a second time and read it back to verify, but probably not unheard of.

These types of behaviours will very from device to device. The best way to determine the correct behavior is to read and understand the datasheet for the device in question, which will typically mention details like that (needing to write a register multiple times for example).

I find that the best way to learn is to write code and to read other people's code. I don't know that there is any particular website which is best, I tend to use my search engine and poke around looking at several sites to learn things.

jimmo

Post by jimmo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:12 am

This is a good book: https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/pr ... 491972724/

Programming just takes loads and loads of practice. I've been doing it professionally for nearly 20 years and still learn new things every single day. There's no quick way, you just have to read (and write) a lot of code!

giants

Post by giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:16 pm

First thank you for replay to me, and sorry because english is not my first language. This is what i mean in my first post

thanks for the book

giants

Post by giants » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:30 pm

esempio.jpg
esempio.jpg (18.12 KiB) Viewed 2689 times