want to start with VSC on Mycropython ( on esp32) :: Pymakr VSC Package throws errors

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
apollodriver

want to start with VSC on Mycropython ( on esp32) :: Pymakr VSC Package throws errors

Post by apollodriver » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 am

hello dear Micropython experts,

the issues: want to start with VSC on Mycropython ( on esp32) :: Pymakr VSC Package throws errors

want to start with VSC on Mycropython ( on esp32)

regarding the vsc -which runs on my win box: well python seems to work well - but i want to work with Pymark - (see below) which seems to throw some errors ... 

cf https://lemariva.com/blog/2018/12/micro ... ode-as-ide
Pymakr VSC Package
Pymakr enables you to communicate to your Pycom board using the build in command line REPL. Run a single file to your board, sync your entire project or directly type and execute commands.

Works with macOS, Linux, and Windows.
Connects to any Pycom board: WiPy, WiPy 2.0, LoPy, and any newer board.
Works best with firmware 1.6.11.b1 and higher. Earlier firmware might have unexpected behaviour when synchronizing files over serial.

Pymakr VSC Package
Pymakr enables you to communicate to your Pycom board using the build in command line REPL. Run a single file to your board, sync your entire project or directly type and execute commands.

Works with macOS, Linux, and Windows.
Connects to any Pycom board: WiPy, WiPy 2.0, LoPy, and any newer board.
Works best with firmware 1.6.11.b1 and higher. Earlier firmware might have unexpected behaviour when synchronizing files over serial.

after having installed it throws some errors 

guess i have to do some tests. report;

There was an error with your serialport module, Pymakr will likely not work properly. 
Please try to install again or report an issue on our github (see developer console for details)

well what to do now - i need to do some checks
WPGear.org is a compendium of useful developer tools for working with WordPress.

Roberthh

Re: want to start with VSC on Mycropython ( on esp32) :: Pymakr VSC Package throws errors

Post by Roberthh » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Pymakr is meant to work with Pycom modules, which support something called 'safe boot'. That is a mode where boot.py and main.py are not executed. This boot mode is triggered by sending Ctrl-F to the ESP32 device. The microypthon.org firmware does NOT support this mode.

sebi

Re: want to start with VSC on Mycropython ( on esp32) :: Pymakr VSC Package throws errors

Post by sebi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:28 pm

I am using Pymakr for VSC on a regular basis with whatever boards running MicroPython (not exclusively Pycom boards).
But recently with a new VSC update, Pymakr encountered some issues with the serial port.
More info about the bug and how to fix it here: https://github.com/pycom/pymakr-vsc/issues/53 (maybe related to your issue...)