Updated stm32 HAL lib

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
cgul

Updated stm32 HAL lib

Post by cgul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Are there any plans to update the STM32 Lib to current version with support for the stm32h745 dual core.
I have hw I designed with the H745 with the current version (1.11)of micropython running on it. However I had to do things in code I did not want to do. This allowed me to verify I could get micropython running. I am using the switcher in the MCU for the core voltage and the current version of hal lib does not support it not to mention the second core. If need be I can update the lib myself in my cloned git. But it would be nice to have it in the official build. BTW I think micropython is pretty cool.

jimmo

Re: Updated stm32 HAL lib

Post by jimmo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:05 am

I think for the most part the updates to stm32lib happen as new ports need them. (Which this sounds like a perfect example of)

I added the L0 HAL a few months ago, the process was reasonably straightforward, just a bit of messing around with patches and branch names. https://github.com/micropython/stm32lib has the instructions though.