PyPortal, ESP32 and Nina

All ESP32 boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP32 board.
CSTBT

PyPortal, ESP32 and Nina

Post by CSTBT » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:35 pm

I'm working with a PyPortal device (all in one ESP32 firmware), and installed esp tool successfully. My next step is to upload nina-fw with esptool, but my error is saying there is "no such folder or directory". I downloaded the Nina bin file to my downloads folder. I've also uploaded the PyPortal UF2 file to the bootler, so that should be fine.

The only thing I can think of is that I was having an issue with esptool.py not being detected after I installed it. The solution was actually in the path (it was saved under my anaconda files), so I had to edit my environment variables under my Windows settings to include the path where esptool was being stored.

Is location of my bin file the problem?

Thanks

jimmo

Re: PyPortal, ESP32 and Nina

Post by jimmo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:21 am

It might be worth posting the commands you're running (and what their full output is). It does sound like it's not finding the correct path to your bin file.

You might get more specific advice on the Adafruit forums -- the pyportal is a CircuitPython device and the nina firmware that runs on the ESP32 has nothing to do with MicroPython. That said, it uses all the same tools (i.e. esptool) so there's likely people here who will know what to do.