micropython v1.12 is out!

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.

MCHobby

Re: micropython v1.12 is out!

Post by MCHobby » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Damien did wrote a post into the announcement section viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7430

I enjoy the SAMD support. It will be possible to upload MicroPython on Feather M0 Express (from Adafruit) instead of CircuitPython.
However, it will be necessary to compile the SAMD firmware...

mattyt

Post by mattyt » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:57 am

MCHobby wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 pm
I enjoy the SAMD support. It will be possible to upload MicroPython on Feather M0 Express (from Adafruit) instead of CircuitPython.
I've been able to run the MicroPython SAMD port on a Trinket M0 and an Itsy Bitsy M4. But, to be clear, at this stage it's a bare-bones port - nothing really works except the MicroPython interpreter, UART and the REPL. There's not even Pin support yet.

I'm hoping to put a little effort into this port as it would open up a large number of boards (primarily from Adafruit but the SAMD's are generally pretty popular!) to MicroPython. My loose goal is to integrate samd-peripherals (this library was developed for - and is used by - CircuitPython) and start pulling in features starting with Pin.

If anyone else is interested in helping out with this port please reach out and maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts...

MCHobby

Post by MCHobby » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:20 am

mattyt wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:57 am
MCHobby wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 pm
I've been able to run the MicroPython SAMD port on a Trinket M0 and an Itsy Bitsy M4. But, to be clear, at this stage it's a bare-bones port - nothing really works except the MicroPython interpreter, UART and the REPL. There's not even Pin support yet.

I'm hoping to put a little effort into this port as it would open up a large number of boards (primarily from Adafruit but the SAMD's are generally pretty popular!) to MicroPython. My loose goal is to integrate samd-peripherals (this library was developed for - and is used by - CircuitPython) and start pulling in features starting with Pin.

If anyone else is interested in helping out with this port please reach out and maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts...
Hi Mattyt, Cannot promise yet to help in the C portage (it would be the first time I do compile a MicroPython firmware) but I can help in testing the release on Adafruit Board... Do you know if the SAMD support will cover the Metro Grand Central? That would be awesome.

mattyt

Post by mattyt » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:52 pm

MCHobby wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:20 am
Do you know if the SAMD support will cover the Metro Grand Central? That would be awesome.
The Grand Central M4 Express is a SAMD51 so yes, it will be a goal to make the port work on it! I don't have one so it'll be great if you could test with yours. :)

RWLTOK

Post by RWLTOK » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 am

I have previously had help getting 1.11 out of github. How do I get v1.12 to overwrite my current 1.11 "pull".

Rich

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 am

This works for me:

Code: Select all

git pull origin master
git submodule update --init
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.