Sonoff Pow R2

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
jedie

Sonoff Pow R2

Post by jedie » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:10 am

Sonoff Pow R2 is similar to the S20 smart socket (similar as many other devices from sonoff) So i tried to flash my https://github.com/jedie/micropython-sonoff-webswitch to it...

A curiosity I noticed:
Exactly for S20 you have to disconnect the device from the USB port after every esptool action and connect it again, with presses button.
But you have to wait longer with this device., otherwise esptool will not work.

Currently the device does not work for me. It hangs in a boot loop:

Code: Select all

boot8266
HW RTC Reset reason: 1
System reset reason: 4
Initial GPIO state: 30001, OE: 0
Running app
rf_cal[0] !=0x05,is 0xFF
rl␀l��|␀�l�|␂␌␌␌�␌l�␌b|��␂�␒�r�bl␌b��nn�lnn���␌b␜p␌lb␎lrlp�n�␐␂␌␌�␌l␌␌␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂␌���␌b��nn�␀l��l`␂�␒␒nn␌�␎l␎␂nr���n␌␌��l`␂␎r��n␌␌��l`�

boot8266
HW RTC Reset reason: 1
System reset reason: 4
Initial GPIO state: 30001, OE: 0
Running app
rf_cal[0] !=0x05,is 0xFF
rl␀l��|␀�l�|␂␌␌␌�␌l�␌b|��␂�␒�r�bl␌b��nn�lnn���␌b␜p␌lb␎lrlp�n�␐␂␌␌�␌l␌␌␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂␌���␌b��nn�␀l��l`␂�␒␒nn␌�␎l␎␂nr���n␌␌��l`␂␎r��n␌␌��l`�
Has anyone ever seen anything like it?

I flash with the same settings as for S20, with: -fs 1MB -fm dout

If i flash "firmware-combined.bin" build (and yaota8266.bin + firmware-ota.bin) i see this:

Code: Select all

�nn�lnn���␌b␜p�lrlrlp�n�␐␂␌␌�␌l␌␌␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂�l�l�␌b��nn�␀l��l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌��`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌�␌�b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌�bl`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌�␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌␌␌␌b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌r␒l`␂␎r��n␌␌r␒l`␂���p␂�nn�l␒ll␌␌␂l�b�␂␌␌��`␂rl␀l��|␀�l�|␂␌␌␌�␌l�␌b|��␂�␒�r�bl␌b��nn�lnn���␌b␜p�lrlrlp�n�␐␂␌␌�␌l␌␌␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂�l�l�␌b��nn�␀l��l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌��`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌�␌�b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌�bl`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌�␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌␌␌␌b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌r␒l`␂␎r��n␌␌r␒l`␂���p␂�nn�l␒ll␌␌␂l�b�␂␌␌��`␂rl␀l��|␀�l�|␂␌␌␌�␌l�␌b|��␂�␒�r�bl␌b��nn�lnn���␌b␜p�lrlrlp�n�␐␂␌␌�␌l␌␌␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂�l�l�␌b��nn�␀l��l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌��`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌�␌�b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌�bl`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌�␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌␌␌␌b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌r␒l`␂␎r��n␌␌r␒l`␂���p␂�nn�l␒ll␌␌␂l�b�␂␌␌��`␂rl␀l��|␀�l�|␂␌␌␌�␌l�␌b|��␂�␒�r�bl␌b��nn�lnn���␌b␜p�lrlrlp�n�␐␂␌␌�␌l␌␌␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂�l�l�␌b��nn�␀l��l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌��`␂p�n�␐␂␌␌r�����␌␌␌␌b␌n�|␂l␌�␌�b��nn�␀␌␌l`␂�␒␒nn␌l`␂␎␂nr���n␌␌�bl`␂p
This output appears in a never-ending loop very quickly.