Is there an ssh client module for MicroPython

Discussion about programs, libraries and tools that work with MicroPython. Mostly these are provided by a third party.
Target audience: All users and developers of MicroPython.
kortschak

Is there an ssh client module for MicroPython

Post by kortschak » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:34 am

Hi,

(This is a repost from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7588 which may have been mis-directed to that forum given that it got zero response).

I'm wanting to put together a small device for fun that will need to make ssh connections to an ssh server. To do this I obviously need an ssh client module. Something like this exists for the loboris/MicroPython_ESP32_psRAM_LoBo fork, but I can't see anything like this for the mainstream MicroPython. Does something like this exist?

thanks

mattyt

Re: Is there an ssh client module for MicroPython

Post by mattyt » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 pm

No, it doesn't on mainline MicroPython. PR's welcome!

I have taken look at the SSH implementation on the Lobo port; effectively libssh2 was embedded inside the Lobo port. I'm not 100% clear on using a 3-clause BSD license inside an MIT project; there may be concerns there.

That said the implementation looked reasonably straightforward...

tve

Post by tve » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:06 am

Now that you can dynamically load compiled C modules you may be able to use libssh2 without having to build it into the core.

kortschak

Post by kortschak » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:29 am

Thanks. If you can point me to where I can read up on this I can give it a go, but I have written very little firmware.