How to DIY a Wipy board?

Questions and discussion about The WiPy 1.0 board and CC3200 boards.
Target audience: Users with a WiPy 1.0 or CC3200 board.
mafiaWolf

How to DIY a Wipy board?

Post by mafiaWolf » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:44 pm

I 've seen this board and it 's my hope now to make my project <3
But I dont know how to DIY a Wipy board? I just see the schematic but I dont know how to debug or flash the code to board and dont know which code to use to enable uPython.
Anyone cant solve this issue and help me please :'(

P.s: Sorry! Iam not good at writting English

danicampora

Re: How to DIY a Wipy board?

Post by danicampora » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:22 am

Hello mafiaWolf,

The WiPy is based on the CC3200, so you need to compile that port. Instructions can be found here:

https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... /README.md

If you are after building your own WiPy, I suggest getting a LAUNCHXL board first, play around with it a bit, compile, debug and flash the code.

To flash the code you only need Tx and Rx serial connections with the WiPy, and the SOP2 pin pulled high... The SOP2, UART flash signals and JTAG pins are accessible on the back side of the WiPy PCB via test points. You need this cable:

http://www.tag-connect.com/TC2050-IDC-NL

One side of the cable goes to the WIPy, the other to the debug adapter. The good news is that you can use the debug/flashing probe on the LAUNCHXL. You need to build an adapter to wire the ribbon connector of the TaG Connect cable to the LAUNCHXL, but that's fairly easy to do by looking at the WiPy's schematic and the datasheet of the cable.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Daniel

mafiaWolf

Re: How to DIY a Wipy board?

Post by mafiaWolf » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:41 pm

I still not understand how to embed uPython to CC3200 (which files to embed..?) but thanks for your reply soon and I will do follow the build instructions.
Your project is a good idea for developers like me.