New to micro controllers and MicroPython

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
patrickw

Re: New to micro controllers and MicroPython

Post by patrickw » Tue May 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Welcome to MicroPython!

There's a good list of books at Awesome-Micropython https://awesome-micropython.com/#books

tonynsx

Post by tonynsx » Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Thank you. Am I correct in assuming that I can connect a h-bridge to the esp32 so I can control the speed and direction of a motor?

I'm new to the whole microcontollers, electrical hardware setup.

patrickw

Post by patrickw » Wed May 27, 2020 2:35 am

Search that Awesome Micropython list for h-bridge. You should one library ready to going.
https://github.com/GuyCarver/MicroPytho ... b/L298N.py

If that's not your h-bridge of choice you may be able to adapt the code.

Cheers,
-p

nekomatic

Post by nekomatic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:11 pm

I would kind-of recommend the Donald Norris book (listed here). It's three years old now and doesn't cover the ESP32 specifically, and he can veer off into wordy discussions of language and design philosophies which you won't miss too much by skipping, but the book does cover a good range of practical applications, starting from basics like interfacing to DS18B02 sensors and NeoPixel LEDs.

Having said that the Nicholas Tollervey and Charles Bell books look good too, from their publisher's summaries.

Depending on your level of electronics knowledge though, there's a lot to be said for starting with a breadboard and a few resistors, capacitors, LEDs, transistors etc and getting to know how those components behave before you start connecting things up to a microcontroller.