Green flashing LED every 5 seconds

The official PYBD running MicroPython, and its accessories.
Target audience: Users with a PYBD
kbrenner

Green flashing LED every 5 seconds

Post by kbrenner » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:30 pm

What does it mean when you see the green LED flash roughly once every 5 seconds on the PYBD-SF6W? There are no other LED colors flashing.

jimmo

Re: Green flashing LED every 5 seconds

Post by jimmo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 pm

kbrenner wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:30 pm
What does it mean when you see the green LED flash roughly once every 5 seconds on the PYBD-SF6W? There are no other LED colors flashing.
Not sure... can you provide any other info? Does the board operate normally otherwise.. i.e. running main.py, access to REPL, etc?

kbrenner

Post by kbrenner » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:41 pm

This issue occurs when I am running the board off of external power (5V) provided to VUSB. I do not have access to the REPL prompt to see what is occurring while the green LED is flashing every 5 seconds, which is why I asked in a different post how to record the REPL prompt to a text file so that I could go back and observe what the REPL prompt showed when this problem occurred.

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 am

The easiest way to diagnose these problems is to use pyb.repl_uart and connect an FTDI adaptor to the chosen UART.

That said, I have run a Pyboard D for long periods (many weeks) using a power-only USB lead connected to an external PSU with no problem. Are you certain there isn't an issue with your power source? Have you tried a different source?
Peter Hinch