I have been using uPyCraft on a windows 8 laptop and it is great, robust and very easy to edit code on the fly, I like it. I have so far failed to get it to start on my Windows 10 laptop. I have put a few days into this so far and have raised an issue on the uPyCraft GitHub in the hope somebody has solved this!
Initially I had a Windows error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." which seemed to point towards wrong or missing dependencies or .dll files in Windows.
Suggestions are like:
This is a brand new PC which I don't wish to upset by changing dll's etc.1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll
They can be found at w w w.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
Please save these files to any location on your PC;
2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
[How to restart in SAFE MODE]
- Restart the computer;
- Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;
- Select "SAFE MODE";
Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option
3. Access C:\Windows\System32;
4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;
6. Reboot in normal mode
Any experiences to share?